Generation Life Limited respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). References to “Generation Life”, “we”, “us” and “our” are to Generation Life Limited.
This policy describes how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
This policy applies to all your dealings with us. However, additional specific privacy provisions may apply to your dealings with Generation Life.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
The personal information about you that we collect, use and disclose will depend on which of our services and products you use. For example, if you apply for an investment bond, we will, among other things, collect details of your name, signature, address, date of birth, telephone and mobile number, email address and bank account details.
We only collect, use and disclose personal information about you which is reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- to consider your application for one or more of our products and services;
- to provide you with our products and services.
- to inform you of changes to our products and services and in marketing and communicating offers and opportunities to you;
- to verify your identity and for customer due diligence purposes;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against Generation Life and/or manage any legal action involving Generation Life; and
- to comply with our obligations under Australian law.
In general, we only collect personal information about you directly from you, usually during your investment application process or otherwise when you expressly provide us with your personal information. However, in certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you from third parties.
Except in certain circumstances, we will provide you with the opportunity to interact with us anonymously or by pseudonym, however this may restrict the products and services we are able to provide to you. We will not provide you with the option of dealing with us anonymously or by pseudonym where Australian law requires us to deal with identified individuals or where it is impracticable for us to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. Once collected, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is held securely and protected from any misuse, interference or loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At any time you may opt out of receiving further communications from us, other than as reasonably required for the operation of our business. You may opt out by contacting our Privacy Officer, the details of whom are noted in this policy. However, you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you with all of our products and services if you do not provide us with your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Providing your personal information to others
Depending on the products and services we provide to you, Generation Life may disclose your personal information to:
- any related body corporate of Generation Life;
- any agent, contractor or service provider it engages to carry out or assist its functions and activities (such as registry service providers, information technology providers, suppliers of printing and mail-house services, auditors, legal and accounting firms and insurance companies);
- parties to whom Generation Life is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to, including the ASX, ASIC, APRA and AUSTRAC; and
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone acting for you in connection with your dealings with Generation Life.
We do not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Access and correction
You may request access to personal information we hold about you and we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. by email or post)
We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, then you may request us to correct it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for correction, then we will, at your request, add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Requests for access and correction to your personal information should be made in writing to our Privacy Officer at the address below.
Questions, feedback and complaints
Any questions or feedback about this policy or complaints in relation to the way in which we handle your personal information should be made in writing to:
Generation Life Limited
Level 12, 15 William Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Telephone: 1800 806 362
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. We encourage you to check our website regularly for any updates. Any information that we collect after an amended version of this policy has been posted on our website will be subject to the policy as amended.
This policy was last updated on 01 December 2017.